Monday, February 13, 2012

Woo

    Changed my blog title today. I feel like this new title fits me a little better because my last one, "Every musician needs music notes" isn't entirely true. There are  musicians out there who don't even know how to read music and are amazing at making it. Take my younger brother as an example. He can sing, but he has no idea how to read music, nor does he know how to play piano, but he creates the most amazing music on the piano. I have no idea how he does it! He says choir is what helps him create the chords and melodies, but I'm still amazed at his ability, I'm horrible at doing anything like that. I feel, that if he ends up not pursuing acting or singing, he would make an amazing composer.

    Played my rep piece again last week! This time with my friend as my accompanist! We did a really great job for only playing it together twice! The second rehearsal together even included a new section that we had both been working on but it sounded great when we played it for the class. There are a lot of things I still need to work on such as being much more expressive with my playing, how I attack my notes, and making sure not to let my longer notes waver in sound. I was told that I have a rosey tone though, which is cool even though I'm not really sure what that means, but I was told I sounded nice. :) Can't let that get to my head though! I'm far from making this piece sound the way I want it to and I need to make it better if I want to be able to play it at our upcoming concert!!!!

    This pep game was even more fun than last weeks! I didn't even know that could have been possible! After our meeting, a group of us Pep banders went to our Amecis on campus and had a grand old time being goofy and taking amazing pictures. I really love all my fellow music people. :) The game was super fun as well. I do feel that I was less boring for sure! No creepers afterwards either!

    As I depart, I shall leave you with a piece we are playing in our brass ensemble and has been constantly stuck in my head due to the fact that it's pretty much an inside joke now so it shows up randomly sometimes when I least expect it. :P Have fun having it stuck in your heads because it's so catchy!!!

    Lastly......... I do declare!!! :)

-Trumpetgirly

No comments:

Post a Comment