Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do!!

    Woo! So I'm hoping this feeling isn't going to go away as the semester progresses, but I'm already really enjoying Choir. I honestly don't think I'm even singing really well, but I'm still trying really really hard, and I can already tell my sight singing has really improved and I've barely just started. Hopefully, if I improve enough in both my singing and my sight singing, and I still am enjoying singing by the end of the semester, I'm going to try out for chamber singers. They are really good though, so I don't know if I'll even make it in but it's always good practice doing the audition and all that anyways. Oh, and I sing Alto 2, yay for having a lower singing voice! :P

   Yesterday, in Big Band, me and 3 other students were asked by our director if we could come play in his piece that he is composing at our school's faculty composer's concert. I'm so stoked! I'm so not a jazz person, and I'm still getting the hang of it, but I guess he doesn't consider me a total loss at it and a decent trumpet player if he was willing to ask me to play in the piece when he could have easier grabbed someone better to fill my position.

   Anywho, on with my random spurts of information!! Today I FINALLY got to play in the Chamber Wind Ensemble in a piece called "Dances With Winds" by Shelley Hanson. I am enjoying that piece already! It's super fun! The first movement reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack (First movie), the 2nd movement is so pretty and I actually get a little soloish thing in it, the 2nd half of that movement is crazy fast though but once we get that down we are going to sound awesome. 3rd movement is super fun as well :D

   Another pep band/basketball game is coming up! If it's anything like the last one, it's going to be amazing! PLUS, I'm going to work on being less boring! Because I felt I was being pretty boring at the last game until near the end (Yeah Final Count Down!).  We have a meeting before hand to get some business covered for a festival our school is hosting this weekend but apparently we will have a break between that and the game to get some food so I was thinking of talking to some mus ed/ pep band peeps to get together and grab a quick bite to eat. I'll need to remember to actually ask about that! Though I know one of the people I need to ask is reading this, ;P soooo what do you think? Sound good to you? :D

   I shall now depart with a piece from Sherlock Holmes, and just say it's my favorite one from the entire soundtrack and it doesn't need reviewing because it's awesome. Though, my favorite part is somewhere in one of these two videos (it's a total of 14 minutes so obviously it's not going to fit in one youtube video)  But enjoy it anyways because I love it and I'm sure you will too. :) Also, I will give some words of wisdom:

        Don't wave at people in cars as they drive by because they could end up being creepers.

Ok that's not creepy at all! Anywho, tootles for now!

-Trumpetgirly





   

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, you are NOT boring! You are so much fun at the pepband games, ensembles and everywhere! And yay for loving choir! Alto 2 is the best part! <3
    Congrats for the jazz piece! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heeheehee, the "don't wave at cars" statement made me giggle!

      Delete