Monday, December 24, 2012

Another Semester Done

    And boy what a semester it was! This one was NOT easy. Not only was I taking hard classes, I had my theory teacher swapped for another one, and dealing with his teaching style was really hard. I had an insane string methods teacher who was very evil and horrible at teaching, and that's not an overstatement. I also was dealing with personal family issues that came up half way through the semester and that really sucked. Luckily through all this, my friends were there to support me, to answer any questions I may have had, to be the ears I needed when I needed to vent and just to be silly with. :) So, special shout out to Alexa, Claire, Becca and Roxanne for always being there even at the most random-est times, for being amazing friends and always somehow knowing when something was wrong. You all are some of my very best friends and I love you all :) Too bad only one of you reads this though :(

   Now that that's all mentioned, I am now in the middle of Winter break and really looking forward until it's over! Break is great and all but I'M BORED!!! Going from taking 20 units with nonstop classes then 4 weeks of doing nothing is like going super fast in a car then having to slam on the breaks! You feel like you got the wind knocked out of you! For the past week, when I'm not running carpool or helping clean around the house or whatever, I am literally sitting on our couch watching Grey's Anatomy, talking to people on Facebook, or spending hours on Pinterest. ( I love pinterest :) ) I've turned into a couch potato! (hahaha potato) Luckly, Christmas is tomorrow so that'll give me something to do and also my mom's bday party is coming up so that'll be fun, on on the 4th I'm going to Disneyland!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for Disneyland :D I haven't been in a very long time and it's going to be super duper fun!! Also, as soon as break is over, I'm heading back to school to get ready to go to the Music teacher conference in San Jose!!! I'm so excited, I get to room with my fellow music education club officers and it's going to be so fun. Plus me and my friend are of legal drinking age so we get to go to the Wine and Cheese thing that they have! Time to go make some friends with very drunk band directors ;) Last year when we went we had such a great time so I'm really looking forward to it!

    Let's see, let's talk about next semester now! Next semester should be super fun. I'm taking percussion methods (been looking forward to this since I became a music major), my third semester of Theory (I hear it's super fun), third semester of Ear Training, the last class of Piano (got to skip all the others seeing as I've been playing for 8+ years), 2nd semester of History of Western Music, Music for the classroom (elementary school classroom music), music technology, brass ensemble, band, either chamber winds or jazz band, guitar methods, rep class, and my lessons. Should be a good and hopefully less stressful semester.

   BYE!!

-trumpetgirly

No comments:

Post a Comment