Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Musical Summer

    Well, I have to say, this summer has definitely been very musical for me. The first thing I do when I come back besides celebrating my birthday is to go start doing my Instrumental Conducting observations. Not that I need to be doing them right now but I figured it was better to get them out of the way! So far I've already done 10 hours worth! Though technically I've only done 2 hours because we got a list of requirements that we need to fill to equal 20 hours of observations. It's a complicated process :P
    Then I went on the cruise to Mexico to watch my brothers sing and play trumpet! That was super fun, though it makes me wish our group could go on a cruise because it seems really fun to go on with your best friends and stuff. :)
   My next musical endeavor will start next week, where I will be helping my cousin's Middle School Band director with his summer music program. It seems really cool and I hope it ends up being a really rewarding experience. I am sure it will be. I will be meeting up with the director this Friday to figure scheduling and talk logistics and find stuff out. Should be interesting and I'll keep you posted on how that goes!
   Another musical thing I will be doing is giving conducting lessons to my High School's new Drum Majors for their marching band. I'm a little nervous about that because I am not sure I have the right skill set and experience yet to be able to teach them, but I might actually. I guess I shall see how it goes. I do know enough about conducting that I might actually be extremely  useful to them so wish me luck!  
    I'm really looking forward to getting the audition music for Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I'm going to practice the heck out of it so that I can beat out our 1st Chair. I want 1st chair but I really don't at the same time because it's so much pressure, I'm not sure I'd be able to handle it. But I shall see what happens when I need to cross that bridge!! :D
    I'm super excited to go back to school! I miss my friends so much! Facebook and texting and skype and all that just isn't enough! I'm also actually kind of excited for school to start as well. I miss being constantly busy, sitting around all day is boring!! I need my 5 million things to do per day!! Plus I feel some really great opportunities are going to be coming my way this year. Not sure what they could possibly be but I need to make sure to keep an open mind!

Ta ta for now!

-trumpetgirly 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you! Yay for a musical summer! I'm so excited for you!
    You're a great trumpet player, you got this!

    ReplyDelete